BAND-MAID [Page 8 of 19]

Re: BAND-MAID
Posted Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I like the new song. 

Hope they come to the States at some point.  Aside from Scandal, this is my favorite modern band from Japan.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:32 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
tonymiller wrote:Nice...and I see Misa has a 5 string bass now Happy

And Akane is using her new Sakae drum set, while Kanami is using her Addictone custom signature guitar.

Miku has gotten a new Zemaitis, too, according to a post on Twitter, but she's using her first Zemaitis in the video.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:Nice...and I see Misa has a 5 string bass now Happy
That sounds like an active bass?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:56 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Metal Mickey

I would not know, I have only ever had a 4 string bass.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:35 pm

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
So I was very hesitant on listening to the song because it has the name "YOLO" And the significance of this word here in the United States is very bad. The saying "You Only Live Once" is very powerful, but since that "incident", I have very much despised the acronym. But after listening to this song, it was easy to overlook it. These girls don't cease to amaze us all.

Stay Standard My Friends   .cool.
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:06 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The ladies appear to have had a successful first show in Mexico.

Unfortunately, they missed their flight, so didn't land in Mexico until a day later than they had originally planned, so they didn't get to do any sight seeing. Apparently, they had wanted to go visit Teotihuacan, but had to scrap that plan since the lost day left them with no time. They should be in London already, getting ready for tomorrow night's show.

Also, some enterprising people gave English subs to the ladies' appearance on Music Gold Rush. Having trouble linking it hear, but you can search for "Music Gold Rush #73 eng sub" and find it pretty easily.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:28 pm

LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://davegrohlssideburns.tumblr.com
Whoa! They sold out their concert in Mexico (I really don't know about London, but I think they did good there).
All these japanese all-girl bands getting international attention make me want a japanese rock invasion in the west. I really hope Babymetal bring one of them (SCANDAL or BAND-MAID) as an opening act for their world tours.

EDIT: According to Team Rock, they sold out their London concert.

Last edited by LexiconDevil on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:41 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Warsaw gig was very small, but verrrrrry energetic, I had a blast and it looked that girls enjoyed it also Happy (to prove it - 3 videos mad by Czech fan: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
And now they announced first major album - full scale one with 13 tracks to be released January 11 2017 - named "Just bring it" - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great news, neh?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:41 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The ladies are working really hard. I hope there are more songs on the new album written and composed by the band; Alone and YOLO are both great songs that the band wrote, so I'd be interested in hearing more.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:30 am

rollermonkey

Caless Student
Caless Student
LexiconDevil wrote:I really hope Babymetal bring one of them (SCANDAL or BAND-MAID) as an opening act for their world tours.

Unless they are on the same label, they won't tour together... 

And I think Scandal is too big to open for Babymetal. 

Any Rick Rack fans here?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:21 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@rollermonkey

Well as far as England are concerned Babymetal are far bigger than Scandal, Scandal played at the O2 Academy in Islington that holds 800 people but BABYMETAL always play at SSE Arena which holds thousands.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:28 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
rollermonkey wrote:
LexiconDevil wrote:I really hope Babymetal bring one of them (SCANDAL or BAND-MAID) as an opening act for their world tours.

Babymetal is currently with Toy's Factory
Scandal is with Epic, but distributes through Wasabi (EU), and JPU Records in the UK.
Band-Maid is with Nippon Crown, but JPU has worked with them in UK and Europe.

So, it wouldn't be impossible for Scandal and Band-Maid to do something, I guess, but unlikely for either to do anything with Babymetal. Unless, of course, as part of some larger, festival type thing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:13 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I don't think the fans of the bands LexiconDevil mentioned will be happy to see them open for another band that is not at senpai level and the bands themself/management must be well aware of that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:52 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
rollermonkey wrote:

And I think Scandal is too big to open for Babymetal. 

Any Rick Rack fans here?

Scandal music is to different for them to open for Babymetal, that's for sure.
Musically BAND-MAID could fit but I hope girls will conquer the world by their own power Tongue (Yup, I find Babymetal lacking as a genuine band, even if it is masterpiece from marketing point of view).
And as for Rick-Rack - yes, I do like them and furthermore - they could as good be an opening act for SCANDAL - as they both play on that lighter side of rock Wink And I would love to see Serina along Tomomi - esp. if both put their caps on Wink

And returning from that oof-topic part - @saldiven - I am also concerned about girls being worked really hard - they played at Lucca late at night then get up at 4 AM to fly to Barcelona where they will perform tomorrow. And all that mere day after flight from Japan. Jet lag must be killing them, but from what I saw in few streams - they played like true pro - flawlessly.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:40 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I believe they're going to Hong Kong for a performance before returning to Japan. They are playing the E-Max Animate Extravaganza on the 5th, along with Kanikapila and Negoto. Then they have shows on the 11th, 12th, and 13th back in Japan, followed by shows on the 19th and 29th, all still in Japan. They also have "talk" events on the 16th and 24th.

The 29th event is described as "mini" and related to the single release.

Anyway, it looks like they'll have some time to rest and recuperate this month. They have what looks like 7 shows scheduled for December.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:17 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
[quote="PPPeter"][quote="rollermonkey"]
LexiconDevil wrote:I

Yup, I find Babymetal lacking as a genuine band, even if it is masterpiece from marketing point of view

Why do you think so ? Just because they didn't create the band by themself ? If so, If I'm not mistaken, Scandal is exactly the same as it was their music school teacher who made them play an instrument to form a band.
If it's because they don't play an instrument, they still sing and dance. In many bands, the singer only sing.

About Band-Maid, I've seen videos of their Paris concert and they were rocking hard.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:39 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Dear darksider59 if You want to be more fanatic than fan, please do it somewhere else (if I am reading to much from Your words then please accept my apologies). It is my personal opinion and I am allowed to have one, n'est ce pas? But to answer You - it's neither of Your suggestion. For me they just lack.... that something. Spark? Spirit? Hook? Authenticity? Name it whatever You want - for me they just did not click. Unlike BAND-MAID for example, to be at least slighty on-topic Wink
I can compare BABYMETAL to present METALLICA - both are hard working perfectly tuned machines. But sadly only machines. Once again - IMHO.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:16 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PPPeter wrote:Dear darksider59 if You want to be more fanatic than fan, please do it somewhere else (if I am reading to much from Your words then please accept my apologies). It is my personal opinion and I am allowed to have one, n'est ce pas? But to answer You - it's neither of Your suggestion. For me they just lack.... that something. Spark? Spirit? Hook? Authenticity? Name it whatever You want - for me they just did not click. Unlike BAND-MAID for example, to be at least slighty on-topic Wink
I can compare BABYMETAL to present METALLICA - both are hard working perfectly tuned machines. But sadly only machines. Once again - IMHO.

Consider this your final warning on this forum:

You have no right to tell other people where to go or what to do, nothing that darksider has stated on his reply warrants this type of response.

You're entitled to have your own opinion, but if you're going to state it out in the open youre suddenly surprised someone disagrees with it? Specially when your response is literally baseless as youre calling another band not genuine just because it didnt click with YOU.

We've already had issues in the past and this will be the last time I will tolerate these types of comments from you. You are warned.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:04 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

It is not fair to compare Babymetal with Scandal or Band-Maid anyway, they are two different genres.
Babymetal are idols while Scandal and Band-Maid are J-Pop or J-Rock, that is like comparing Country & Western music to Punk.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:58 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Their latest single YOLO is about to be released seven days from today. The limited editions looks interesting because of the inclusion of a music sheet. So that, fans can learn how to play the song. However, I find the regular edition cover design more appealing because of the contrasting color of the laced headphones.

Are sleeve CD covers like those made of Digipak cardboard similar to the packaging of New Beginning and Brand New Maid LE?

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:42 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
@PPPeter
Yep, it was just a plain question because I was curious to know the reasons. Of course not everybody like Babymetal and that's fine, many other bands exist.

I really like YOLO CD's cover design too. I received an alert from CDJapan that an album will be released on january 11th 2017.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:10 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The upcoming album in January apparently has a photo book as part of the Limited edition option. I'm pretty psyched up about that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:11 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
saldiven wrote:The upcoming album in January apparently has a photo book as part of the Limited edition option. I'm pretty psyched up about that.

Hopefully with some shots from the world tour, their instagram posts were pretty good!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:15 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Here's a funny story.

A few weeks ago, Zemaitis Guitars posted on Facebook that they were looking for some Endorsed Artists. I'm not sure what that meant, but they invited people to apply with them to become such an artist.

I went to their website and sent an e-mail letting them know they should look into Kobato Miku of Band-Maid, because Miku currently uses two different Zemaitis models. Surprisingly, the next day I had a reply from one of their representatives (the guitar maker is actually based in Japan) saying they would reach out to her. I replied with all the contact information I had for her manager, management company, and music label.

Didn't hear anything after that, so figured it probably wouldn't go anywhere, especially since Band-Maid was in Europe at the time. Also, Miku isn't really a well known or well respected guitarist yet; she's actually only been playing for about three years.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this on twitter today:

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:24 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@saldiven

Wow, when do you get your free guitar ?  Happy