Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

BRUDER - TOMOMI's golf style

"There's a view you can only see if you keep at it for a long time"

BRUDER - TOMOMI's golf style DB0q0luE_o

SCANDAL's bassist TOMOMI will make an appearance on the eighth episode of the SPACE SHOWER TV/Sky-A A-Golf and BRUDER joint project on August 28. We asked her about how she discovered golf, similarities with her music career, and her ideal golf date.

SCANDAL formed after meeting at a dance school and made their major debut in 2008. In 2023, the 17th anniversary of their formation, they were recognized by Guinness World Records as the "Longest running rock band with the same musicians (female)."

TOMOMI, who has long been at the forefront of the music industry, started playing golf in 2017. "There's a handful of our staffers that are interested in golf, and I had always been curious about it since they seemed to have fun playing it. We talked about how it'd be nice to do a round together sometime during a concert tour." She went to a golf shop before a concert and purchased a set of clubs. "I actually just went out on the course without practicing." To take up golf in the middle of a physically demanding tour...! What vitality.

BRUDER - TOMOMI's golf style FcAXsGvz_o

Though she struggles to wake up early, she does her best to do so on mornings when she's playing golf. "One of my favorite things is getting to see the overwhelming view that stretches out endlessly. It feels nice to ride in the golf cart and feel the breeze, and just walking in the great outdoors is therapeutic." Ever since she can remember, she would watch her grandmother and mother growing flowering plants on their balcony. TOMOMI says that her own home now is "like a forest." The greenery as far as the eye can see is also her spiritual home.

BRUDER - TOMOMI's golf style QitkbWbT_o

"I'm worried that my score hasn't changed since I started playing golf... No matter what iron I use, I can't get the distance I want," she revealed. And yet, she thinks, "Golf is fun. I want to continue playing it." Even if she doesn't get the results she wants, she knows firsthand the importance of continuity.

"There's a view you can only see if you keep at it for a long time. SCANDAL wasn't categorized as a band nor an idol group, and there was a time when we struggled and were unsure about who we were. However, as we continued to work steadily, we gradually built up our own style and found ourselves gaining the recognition of those around us."

That's why she'll definitely to be able to enjoy golf for a long time. "I'm busy and can't play many rounds, but I'm gradually hitting the ball more and more. It's awesome hearing that 'clink!' sound. I hope to continue at this pace."

When will that next "clink!" be heard? Her golf life has only just begun.

What’s your ideal golf date?

BRUDER - TOMOMI's golf style In60Pt3C_o

―What is your ideal date?

I'd like a wake-up call because I'm not good at getting up early (laughs). After that, I'd be happy if they came to pick me up in their car. I want to eat McDonald's breakfast in the car together and head to the golf course as chill music plays in the background.

―What's your type of guy?

Since I love to eat, someone's who's a gourmand would be nice. When I hear of a casual but cozy set meal restaurant that only those in the know know about, I think "Wow!"

BRUDER - TOMOMI's golf style JGUB6euR_o

―What kind of mens' golf fashion do you like?

Apparel brands have been offering more and more stylish golf clothing recently, so I like a slightly casual style that can be worn around town. I think wearing items that are collaborations with street brands is stylish.

―What kind of actions make you happy during a round?

Because I don't know much about golf yet, I need a lot of help like a caddie (laughs). I want them to tell me stuff like, "In this case, you should hit it from this side"!

BRUDER - TOMOMI's golf style Kn2NCCTQ_o

―What golf item would you be happy to receive as a gift?

I'm still using the same club set I bought when I first started playing golf, so I'd want them to watch my play during a round and select gear that they'd recommend.

https://bruder.golfdigest.co.jp/entry/lifestyle/2024/08/12/070000

#front-page

If you enjoy my translations, please consider leaving a tip! Happy

BRUDER - TOMOMI's golf style FdtTi4P

BRUDER - TOMOMI's golf style 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @ 茨城 - 水戸 - 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ 福岡 - 東京 08.21 Sekai Ichi 2024 LUMINOUS @ 名古屋 - 横浜 - 大阪 - 奈良
Back to top Go down

Re: BRUDER - TOMOMI's golf style
Posted Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:14 pm

Bocchi

Bocchi

Caless Student
Caless Student
i love how the question about her type of guy is more about food than the person

surprised by how many hobbies Tomo has, i know she has been played golf for a while but have no idea she was so into

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum