Posted Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:15 pm

lojzek91

lojzek91

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Hey there. I'm a relatively new fan, but lately I've been mesmerised by these four amazing ladies.

I do remember never fastforwarding past the ending parts of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (when it was coming out) when Shunkan Sentimental started though, even though I never gave it much thought. It was just an absolute bop and I loved it. After that, I kinda forgot about the song for years until one day at work I decided to put on a mix of anime openings and endings, and it just so happened that Shunkan Sentimental was in quite early on. I instantly recalled the fond memories of that ending and noted the band name. Then a few songs later there was Harukaze. Now, I never watched Bleach, but I was hooked from the first note. I noted the band name again and noticed it's the same as the one before.

So naturally I went down the rabbit hole and holy moly, did I find the rabbit! I absolutely adore this band. I even bought their last two CDs (magazine edition) and they should be shipping my way sometime soon now. I even started learning Japanese in my 30s because of them now and am currently cursing the absolute similarity of the "tsu", "so", "n", "no" and "shi" characters in katakana >>

I simply cannot choose a favourite song, but in no particular order, my favourites are Tsuki, Ivory, Over Drive, Departure, Harukaze, Taiyou Scandalous, One More Time, Koe and Pinheel Surfer. You know what, I can't even keep it to 10, Awanai tsumori no genki de ne, Sisters, Koisuru Universe and Take Me Out absolutely deserve to be mentioned too. And of course the song that started it all, Shunkan Sentimental.

I hope I can see them live at least once, but it might be quite far from my home as they will definitely never do a concert in my country (Slovenia). I think the closest they were in the past was Germany or France, which makes sense.

If I absolutely had to choose a favourite member, it'd probably be Mami. She just gives off a very laidback aura while being super energetic, and I love that. MAMI cool But it's very close with the other 3 for this spot, so...

When I'm not listening to Scandal, however, I like to play Magic: the Gathering (and also other boardgames), Path of Exile (and also some other videogames, mostly citybuilders though) and I also sing. Though I guess I can still do all of those while listening to them. I also love ice hockey and volleyball.

Oh, and also, normally I listen to a lot of metal, so being so taken over by Scandal is... Actually kinda weird for me. I guess they're just magical that way.

Wow, this turned out longer than I thought. Anyway, thanks for reading and hi!

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello World
Posted Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:30 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
Hello, lojzek91.

Welcome to the party.

The rabbit hole is much deeper now than when I discovered the band at the release of HELLO WORLD.  As they release more and more albums, it does get harder to choose a favorite song or limit it to 10.  None of us will be surprised if your Top 10 changes by end on the month.  Enjoy your voyage digging deeper into that hole.  There's a lot on this site to discover.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:04 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
That's a nice intro. Welcome to the forum!

Although "Shunkan Sentimental" is their go-to song, I'm glad that you included newer songs like "one more time" and "Ivory" in your favorites list. Their recent albums reflect them more, and having fans enjoying the "Her era" gives them the strength to keep making music.

I was lucky to see them perform in my country. If you get the chance, don't hesitate. They're amazing!

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:54 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Hi lojzek91

Welcome to SH !

I am a British fan who was lucky enough to come across them years ago and Tomomi is my favourite as I am also a Bass player.

I saw them live in London and they were awesome so go to see them if you get the chance Happy

Hope you have fun here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:36 pm

lojzek91

lojzek91

Caless Student
Caless Student
harurob wrote:Although "Shunkan Sentimental" is their go-to song, I'm glad that you included newer songs like "one more time" and "Ivory" in your favorites list. Their recent albums reflect them more, and having fans enjoying the "Her era" gives them the strength to keep making music.

True. Their older songs might be more recognizable, but their latest songs are more personal. There's a lot of merit to music being more personal.

To you and Tony: part of the reason I joined was to find out how hard it would be to get tickets for them. Sometimes it sucks being so far away from their main fanbase :/

But hey, if nothing else, this seems like the place where it's the easiest to get news about them, which is also nice.

Thanks for the welcome!

さよならはいつだって残酷で
後悔ばかりが残ると思ってたけど
あなたが置いていったぬくもりが
今も、ここに
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum