MissingDoctor-Scandal

MissingDoctor-Scandal

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Hi everyone!

I've been a fan of Scandal since 2020. For me they are easily the best band in the world.

I discovered them completely by accident when looking for something completely different on Youtube. I was binging anime songs that I know and like and was trying to find the song Departure featured as an opening on Hunter x Hunter. Instead of finding that I found the music video for Scandal's Departure and decided to give it a listen/watch.
I loved it so much that I took a deep dive into as many Scandal music vids as I could find.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I already knew them... they just happened to sing my favourite song from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood... I think you all know which one... and I had a real "that was these guys moment".

I haven't looked back since.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Re: Hello! Hello!
Posted Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:22 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Hello and welcome to SH. Nice to see other UK fan on the site, I am the same I found Scandal on Youtube while listening to other Japanese band called Band-Maid.

Hopeful see you around the site

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:56 am

MissingDoctor-Scandal

MissingDoctor-Scandal

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi Andy, Thanks for the welcome.

I've seen Band Maid pop up in my recommendations occasionally, but I've always resisted checking them out. Are they worth a look?

Two bands recommended to me by Youtube that I have checked out are Trident and STMLT and I can highly recommend both.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:24 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@MissingDoctor-Scandal

Another British fan yeah and I love the user name Happy

Band Maid are not bad in my opinion, give them a listen.

I am a huge Japanese idol fan but I like many Japanese groups as well, male and female and I was lucky that a Japanese friend mentioned Scandal to me a long time ago, hope you have fun here

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:34 pm

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

This is one of their best songs

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:46 am

MissingDoctor-Scandal

MissingDoctor-Scandal

Caless Student
Caless Student
Andy666 wrote:

This is one of their best songs
Thanks for sharing this. That was pretty good... I'm gonna need to check out more of their stuff.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:51 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Hello MissingDoctor-Scandal, welcome to the forum!

You mentioned something I find curious about Japanese music, it's not difficult to find the same song or album title by different artists. It seems that they like a common group of words for some reason.

To me, there's nothing like SCANDAL. They're a "intangible band", you just feel it. These four girls form a perfect unit.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:31 am

MissingDoctor-Scandal

MissingDoctor-Scandal

Caless Student
Caless Student
harurob wrote:Hello MissingDoctor-Scandal, welcome to the forum!

You mentioned something I find curious about Japanese music, it's not difficult to find the same song or album title by different artists. It seems that they like a common group of words for some reason.

To me, there's nothing like SCANDAL. They're a "intangible band", you just feel it. These four girls form a perfect unit.
Thank you Harurob.

I think they're amazing and that they should be having Beatles level success in the world.

I haven't been able to go and see them live yet, but it will happen someday I hope.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:29 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@MissingDoctor-Scandal

Well I have been lucky enough to see Scandal in London and I very much hope they come again Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:42 pm

MissingDoctor-Scandal

MissingDoctor-Scandal

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:@MissingDoctor-Scandal

Well I have been lucky enough to see Scandal in London and I very much hope they come again Happy
So do I, otherwise I'm gonna have to go to Japan to see them.   HARU hmph

Back to top Go down